Welcome to the Saruyama Blog, intermittent and generally off topic. Occasionally you might see some trees...and weird ones at that.

Monday 12 December 2011

Its not all doom and gloom


Many thanks for the messages of support and condolence, I just want to point out that I am not, nor ever have been on the verge of insanity/packing it all in, just being my normal cheery self. Some of us were born to always look on the bright side of life, others were born to chew on life's gristle in a steak and ale pie.

Life isn't as bad as it may seem...i did get to work on a tree this weekend, or at least supervise the work...and when I say supervise, I was watching the snooker final whilst grunting approval. It's a tree that I last worked on about a year ago. I am not sure of the future of the tree, it never seems to change much or get any thicker. I think the 11 and a half months of darkness may have something to do with it. Anyway here is a before
and after
I personally prefer a bunjin styled tree but...'tis the season for goodwill and peace to all men, especially Mrs. Saruyama who styled the tree and so I kept my mouth firmly shut. Not sure if it will look best in a round John Pitt pot or an antique square chinese one though...

Merry Christmas and happy styling

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up Peter, and that a good woman may be able to at least get a "Bah-Humbug" out of you for Christmas. The kids say "HI"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never been on the verge of insanity ??? you're a bloody good actor then !!! :-)
    looking at that tree , you and Satomi should swop jobs !

    and a happy xmass to you to :-)

    ReplyDelete